Monday, June 13, 2011

Our CSA!!

Yay! Our CSA started this past week, and we couldn't be more excited!  (A CSA is called a community shared agriculture, which is a great way to support local farmers and get fresh local produce all summer long.) We didn't really know what to expect-- we did a CSA last year that was all fruit, but it didn't start until August, so it was mostly apples, pears and plums.

This year we ventured into the fruit/veggie CSA. I'm so excited to be supporting local farmers.  Plus getting fresh produce every week.  Plus, it's like Christmas every Wednesday, because we have NO IDEA what we are going to get.  I know it will be something I look forward to each week! 

This past week we got: a pint of strawberries, a pint of peas, a cucumber, a zucchini, a bunch of onions, a big head of lettuce, four large mushrooms, and a half gallon of milk.

Sadly, I did not snap a picture of our goodies because it was quite past bedtime when we finally got home that night, plus, half the strawberries barely made it out of the parking lot, let alone into our house. Maybe I will get myself together this week and capture it for you!


I am so grateful we were able to participate in a CSA this year.  Anytime I can get my hands on fresh, local produce (or better yet, home grown produce!), I am a happy camper.

Come back tomorrow (hopefully, I will get out to my garden, anyway) to see how our 17 tomato plants, 22 pepper plants and the rest of our garden is doing!

Join us at heavenlyhomemakers.com each Tuesday for Gratitudesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment