Isaiah 55:10-11 () 10 For as the rain and the snow come down from heavenand do not return there but water the earth,making it bring forth and sprout,giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;it shall not return to me empty,but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. #Bible http://mydailybible.org/dv/esv/2013-04-29.htm
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Tonight's dinner is cooking on the fire! I love that it doesn't heat my house up and I get to be outside. What's more, usually when we cook on the fire, Chris does it, and all I have to do is prep. :-)
What's for dinner tonight? Chicken legs, baked potatoes and baked sweet potatoes and a salad.
Other exciting news: we got some plants for our garden today!
Thursday, April 25, 2013
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Love to hear your comments.
I like the benefits listed in this study. Less stretch marks? Yes, please. A "perk up." I could take that. Nursing four children has certainly taken a bit of toll on things. :-)
But there are definite cons-- the social, in public problems. It's pretty obvious when someone isn't wearing a bra! And, what if it's chilly? So, there are major drawbacks too.
What do you (yes, I want to hear from YOU!) think?
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Friday, April 12, 2013
A rare cup of morning coffee. Not much sleeping happened in the Good children's room last night, which also means it did not happen in the parents' room either...
Four eggs for scrambling at breakfast. Two are Wegman's organic and two are from a local farm. Can you guess which are farm eggs? They are so much more beautiful. This is why I only buy store eggs in a pinch.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
I kid you not, I have 1 cup of maple syrup, 1/4 cup or less of rapadura, and maybe 2 cups of honey. Needless to say, I am doing my best to stretch that until I can go shopping, which looks like at this point, this weekend or next week. Not very soon, in any case. :-)
That being said, I made a smoothie.
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups blueberries (i used frozen ones from last summer)
2 TBS ground flax (just for added benefit)
1 TBS vanilla
Put in blender. Blend til smooth. It was delicious.
To prove my children loved it, here is a video of Baby John having his. :-)
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Maybe tomorrow I will have Ben, Sam and Ellie take you on a tour of the garden. That is always fun and amusing.
But here's the quick update.
- Despite bad technique planting garlic last fall, almost all of it has come up and is about 3" tall.
- The strawberries are starting to get new growth on them.
- Chris bought a grapevine, which I planted today
- Chris got three blueberry bushes that I planted this past weekend out front
- Ben got a kiwi plant that we haven't planted yet. (who knew you could plant kiwi around here?!)
- I planted peas yesterday (both snap and regular)
- Chris planted radishes which are coming up (little baby sprouts!)
- We planted a bag of 75 snowball onions, some of which are sprouting a bit
- Chris expanded the garden to the size it will be this year, dug a little trench around it, put the fence around it, and put some landscaping fabric over half of it.