Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's Garden time!

I have updated you all a little bit about how our garden is going this year

This weekend, our garden got a HUGE addition.  We more than doubled our garden this weekend!  It is going to be amazing.  I am so excited.  We tore out the sod this weekend, but it is all still in the garden for now, as our wheelbarrow needs some work.  (Chris bought a new wheel for it, but it needs to be put together!)  Hopefully we will move it all soon, have some topsoil delivered, buy some stakes, and put it all together!  I have plants in the front window that are getting huge!  They need a bigger space.  :-)


As for the other plants in our existing garden, they are starting to get big. 

Kale, spinach and lettuce

Broccoli on left, horseradish on right

Garlic in front, mint in back, echinacea back right corner

Brussels sprouts

Tomato seed forest that just randomly sprouted

Baby Gardener :-)
Hopefully throughout the summer I will keep you updated with how our garden is growing!  I can't wait! 

5 comments:

  1. I'll take that helper you have in the bottom photo!

    I've been doing raised bed gardening so that I wouldn't have to take up sod or till. It works well, but I really would like to have more space. Good luck on your expansion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures - looks very exciting in your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great! So exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lettuce is sprouting! At first I thought it was those stupid helicopters, but then I realized they were all the same size, and looked the same, and it MUST be the seeds growing! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You inspired me to actually plant some things this year. I wasn't sure I was going to do it this year, but I just went for it anyway! We planted broccoli, some more carrots, cantaloupe, peppers, and tomatoes. Everything has started to come up except the peppers. Very excited!

    ReplyDelete