Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Baked Oatmeal

I finally made a perfect (in my opinion) baked oatmeal for breakfast the other day.  I am not really great at looking up recipes all the time, especially at wee hours of the morning.

1 stick of butter
1/3 cup sugar (I use sucanat)
2 TBS flax seeds
3 cups oats
vanilla
cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp powder
1 1/2 cups milk

cream butter and sugar.  add flax seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and powder.  add oats.  add milk.  pour into 8x8. bake at 350* for 30 mins.  or until you start to smell it because you have forgotten you put it in the oven in the first place.

I usually go by the smell rule.  :-)

This recipe is the best I've made, in my opinion.  Now, this recipe isn't super sweet.  I've seen comparable recipes that call for 2 CUPS of sugar.  That is gross-sweet if you ask me.  But, try it and find out what works for your family.

I also love baked oatmeal with fruit.  Sometimes I put frozen blueberries in, or cut up apples. You can even use applesauce or frozen strawberries, or peaches or ANYTHING that sounds good to you!  Try it.  This week we had fresh strawberries, and I drizzled almond milk on it too.  Yum.

:-)

ps.  check out my other oatmeal ideas here and here.  Oh, and this is a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment