Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Food Journey Part V

Check out Part I, Part II, Part III, and Part IV, if you haven't already!

Once I got my nutrimill, I made bread. I'm not very good at it... I am not disciplined enough to do the exact same thing every time, and change just one little thing until I get it just right... plus, I forget the salt regularly.  Usually on the most beautiful loaves.  :-)

I had to find somewhere to buy wheat berries that did not cost an arm and a leg.  Somehow I stumbled across my most favorite store, this little Amish store in Bird-In-Hand, PA.  I get all my bulk groceries at Miller's Natural Foods, making the 45 minute trek every two or three months. 

Moving on, I discovered Laura at HeavenlyHomemakers.com, whom I love.  I feel like I could just stop by her house (if I'm ever in Nebraska) and we could chat all afternoon.  She is so open and real and honest about the struggles of everyday life and especially about how to feed her children!  I have grown and been so blessed and encouraged by her blog!  You should check it out!

Last December we moved right before we had our third child, into an apartment with a huge backyard!  We got to have a garden last summer and are already getting excited about this summer.

Last year is when I discovered KitchenStewardship.com, too!  Katie has done some pretty down and dirty research all about soaking, sprouting and sourdough.  She has been quite an inspiration, especially as I am finally stepping up and attempting to make more using soaked or sprouted grains or grains prepared with sourdough.

I am almost to the end!  Next time, I will share all the exciting and crazy things my family has been up to since the beginning of the year! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment