Sunday, March 13, 2011

A New Level of Weirdness...

This week Chris came home from work with the onions and garlic that I asked him to pick up at the store.  "I have this amazing idea for a sandwich," he said. I eagerly waited for the description, but was not too sure about his newest idea, until we had it for lunch.  :-)

Onion Sandwich
recipe developed by Chris
One thick slab of onion
Two pieces of bread
Horseradish
Mayonaise

Over medium-high heat, fry the onion in a pan, just to caramelize the edges, one or two minutes on a side. Meanwhile, spread on as much horseradish and then mayo onto one side of the bread as you like.  Add onion when done. Eat.

This sounds so weird-- I was definitely grossed out when he told me about this sandwich, but then actually trying the sandwich was a different story! It was actually good!  Which is why I'm sharing it with you.  My kids even ate it-- well kind of.  I think Ben ate his mostly in tact, but Sam pulled all the onion out and ate it separately.
Ellie chose to pass on the onion sandwich-- but not on being cute!  :-)

Are YOU brave enough to try something new?  What new things have you tried recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment