Monday, March 28, 2011

Menu Plan 3.19.2011 Revisited

Here's my menu plan as I wrote it two weeks ago and what we ended up having/ how I ended up editing it. 
  1. Spaghetti with veggie sauce-- homemade noodles with flax; roast zucchini and fennel tossed in.
  2. Wings, broccoli, homemade sauerkraut-- potato wedges and roast carrots
  3. Chili
  4. Bean soup
  5. Asparagus pesto* Chris has forever vetoed the asparagus pesto!
  6. Potato and spinach curry
  7. Palak Paneer (Spinach and cheese curry) with coconut spice rice*
  8. Homemade Sauerkraut with green mashed potatoes and leftover grilled steak
  9. Asian Anise soup* with hummus and veggies-- we made the Green Energy Soup instead.  Only Sam liked it. (Weird, right?  That the two year old ate it and no one else? I thought so...) with homemade bread.
  10. Butternut squash soup with socca-- with bread
  11. Red cabbage slaw with lime vinaigrette* and a roast-- will have next time!
  12. Broccoli, Chicken and Rice casserole that I kind of made up on the fly.  I'll have to share the recipe this week.  :-) 
  13. Kids: Pizza-- well, more like tomato pie, with broccoli, tomatoes and shredded carrot on top Mom and Dad: Date to Burrito Loco with friends!!
And the extras that I want to make:
  1. Granola
  2. Sweet Nut Mix*
  3. Chipotle flax crackers*
  4. Sweet Carrot Bread*-- this was pretty good!  I used prunes instead of raisins.  Ben didn't like it. 
  5. Zucchini coffee cake (only use half the sugar)-- SO GOOD. Made it twice. mmm. Will make again, and soon! (I have frozen shredded zucchini in my freezer from last year's garden.  That makes this recipe a snap to throw together!)
  6. Whole wheat honey scones (Use less honey-- 2-3 TBS)-- deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment