Friday, March 11, 2011

Menu Plan Revisited

Here's my menu plan from two weeks ago, and I have edited it to see how I did:

My Menu Plan

  1. Zucchini Spaghetti with Spaghetti Sauce we had this twice!
  2. Coconut Cucumber Soup* with roasted carrots and creamy spinach soup the cucumber soup was NOT a hit for dinner, but Ellie and I did like it.  I think I will make this again as a light, cool lunch, especially when it gets hot outside!
  3. Asian Anise Soup* with potato wedges --will add this to next menu plan
  4. Split Pea Soup* with salad  I added a carrot, an extra potato and a parsnip to give the soup some texture.
  5. Asparagus Pesto Fettuccine* --will add this to next menu plan
  6. Beans and Rice with salad
  7. Lentil Burgers with carrot sticks these turned out so good!  Especially with some ketchup, mustard, onion and avocado.
  8. Raw Falafel* with guacamole, raw veggies and maybe hummus This was good.  I really liked the falafel (I've never had it before), but I did not blend it until it was smooth enough, and I added water to it, which just made it seep through the dehydrator trays. But, I really liked it, especially with guacamole and cucumbers on top.
  9. Chicken, potato wedges, creamy spinach soup I posted the creamy spinach soup recipe earlier this week, and it was a hit with everyone!
  10. Beef Roast, broccoli, quinoa I am going to make black quinoa with this meal tomorrow!  I had never seen it before the last time I was in the Wegman's bulk foods isle. 
  11. Cauliflower curry** had this one day, Creamy Potato and Spinach curry** and this another day with soybean socca. I had never heard of it before, but I have been reading Pure2Raw, and they raved about it, so I just had to try it! My first attempt was pretty ugly (although the kids loved it!).  My second attempt was MUCH BETTER.  :-) 
  12. Vegetable Soup
  13. Sweet Potato Soup over Barley-- I was not sure about the barley but I wanted to make this simple soup a meal... Sam had three bowls! :-)
I also have some extras that I am planning to make-- snacks/desserts/breakfasts
  1. Sesame Rice crackers (recipe coming sometime this week, maybe!) Yay!  I finally posted it here.
  2. Avocado Muffins* these were great-- I made them for breakfast; the recipe made seven, and we ate all of them!
  3. Cashew Butter
  4. Nutty Gelato* made it with cashew butter instead of almond butter.  I must say, it was really sweet!  I will cut back the agave, but otherwise, and excellent dessert!
  5. Sourdough starter (with rye flour) I made this, but it started to get moldy, so I threw it away.  I did make a couple of things with it first, like my oatmeal sourdough apple cake!
  6. Raw Granola (haven't settled on a recipe yet) hopefully next time!
  7. I also discovered an amazing snack this week over at Pure2Raw-- popped amaranth!  I bought some at Whole Foods, not knowing what I was going to do with it, and then Pure2Raw had this great post about popped amaranth! It's delicious.  Chris wants to make a video-- maybe sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment