My Menu Plan
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Spaghetti Sauce we had this twice!
- Coconut Cucumber Soup* with roasted carrots and
creamy spinach soupthe cucumber soup was NOT a hit for dinner, but Ellie and I did like it. I think I will make this again as a light, cool lunch, especially when it gets hot outside! Asian Anise Soup* with potato wedges--will add this to next menu plan
- Split Pea Soup* with
saladI added a carrot, an extra potato and a parsnip to give the soup some texture. Asparagus Pesto Fettuccine*--will add this to next menu plan
- Beans and Rice
- Lentil Burgers with carrot sticks these turned out so good! Especially with some ketchup, mustard, onion and avocado.
- Raw Falafel* with guacamole, raw veggies and maybe hummus This was good. I really liked the falafel (I've never had it before), but I did not blend it until it was smooth enough, and I added water to it, which just made it seep through the dehydrator trays. But, I really liked it, especially with guacamole and cucumbers on top.
- Chicken, potato wedges, creamy spinach soup I posted the creamy spinach soup recipe earlier this week, and it was a hit with everyone!
- Beef Roast, broccoli, quinoa I am going to make black quinoa with this meal tomorrow! I had never seen it before the last time I was in the Wegman's bulk foods isle.
- Cauliflower curry** had this one day, Creamy Potato and Spinach curry** and this another day with soybean socca. I had never heard of it before, but I have been reading Pure2Raw, and they raved about it, so I just had to try it! My first attempt was pretty ugly (although the kids loved it!). My second attempt was MUCH BETTER. :-)
- Vegetable Soup
- Sweet Potato Soup over Barley-- I was not sure about the barley but I wanted to make this simple soup a meal... Sam had three bowls! :-)
- Sesame Rice crackers (recipe coming sometime this week, maybe!) Yay! I finally posted it here.
- Avocado Muffins* these were great-- I made them for breakfast; the recipe made seven, and we ate all of them!
- Cashew Butter
- Nutty Gelato* made it with cashew butter instead of almond butter. I must say, it was really sweet! I will cut back the agave, but otherwise, and excellent dessert!
- Sourdough starter (with rye flour) I made this, but it started to get moldy, so I threw it away. I did make a couple of things with it first, like my oatmeal sourdough apple cake!
Raw Granola (haven't settled on a recipe yet)hopefully next time!
- I also discovered an amazing snack this week over at Pure2Raw-- popped amaranth! I bought some at Whole Foods, not knowing what I was going to do with it, and then Pure2Raw had this great post about popped amaranth! It's delicious. Chris wants to make a video-- maybe sometime soon!