Thursday, April 14, 2011

Menu Plan 4.15.2011

Alright, well, if you have been counting, it has been almost THREE weeks since I last did a menu plan... Well, we have been scraping by, just barely.... I am about out of ideas.  That's one of the reasons I have been dragging my feet this week.  Here's what I got so far...

  1. Zucchini spaghetti (Ben's request this week) with cous cous, beans and creamy garlic sauce (Something I threw together and possibly could write about!)
  2. Beans and rice
  3. Beans and rice with Taco Corn Fritters
  4. "Macaroni for dinner," as requested by Sam... Not sure exactly what that one's going to end up being :-) 
  5. Potato soup
  6. Mashed potatoes and sauerkraut
  7. Split pea soup
  8. Vegan Lasagna (or maybe a vegan lasagna recipe that I modify with ricotta cheese instead of tofu) 
  9. Vegetable soup
  10. .....
  11. .....
  12. .....
  13. .....
  14. .....
See my problem!?? I am out of ideas!  I need some help!  What's your favorite vegetarian dish? Or, just your favorite dish in general? We are looking for new ideas at the Good household! 

2 comments:

  1. I recently made Polenta Pie from the Moosewood cookbook. It was good, but I think it has potential to be very good. It's basically a deep dish pizza with a polenta (cornmeal)crust and lot's of veggies. I used vegan cheese in place of mozzarella. Here's a site that has a copy of the recipe: http://getyouryummyback.com/recipe-index/polenta-pie/ As I said it was good, and even better the next day, but it was a bit bland, and kind of dry. I think I would increase all spices use a bit more olive oil, and either put some tomato sauce on top, or serve it along side. Let me know if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tofu Stir Fry! Take the block of tofu and squish the water out of it (you know what I mean right?) then slice it up and marinate in Soy Vey Veri Veri Teriyaki sauce for like 20 mins. Bake on a sheet at 400 for like 20-30 flipping them half way. Then I cheat and just used frozen stir fry veggies (sometimes you can find a really fun combo with asparagus and stuff!) Cook them up and toss in the tofu with a little more sauce and serve over rice! Yum!

    Seriously though, the sauce is amazing! Hopefully it doesn't have something in it that you don't eat, cuz it's soooooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete