Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quick Lunch

The other day, I had NO IDEA what we were going to eat for lunch.  I could not fall back on the good 'ole peanut(almond)-butter-and-jelly because we didn't have any bread.  I had not been to the store in who-knows-how-long because I have just been avoiding it because I have not had a menu plan in place for weeks and I am in denial that my kitchen spirals out of control with no direction when I do not have a menu plan which I do not have and the kitchen is spiraling even at this moment.

but i digress.

Anyway, as I was bathing the kids (we spent the morning in the garden-- pulling out brussels sprouts!) I was scouring my brain to think of something to have.  In the end, I was just pulling things from the fridge and the cabinets, hoping it would come together into some semblance of food my children might like.  Here's what happened:

Garlic-Butter Spaghetti with Lemon-Tuna Salad
The spaghetti was easy: 
1/2 lb spaghetti
2 cloves garlic
4 TBS butter

Melt the butter, press in and saute the garlic, toss with spaghetti. 

The Salad:
1 can tuna
Small can sliced black olives
1/2 green pepper, diced to desired size
1 tomato, seeded and diced to desired size
Lemon juice

Mix the first four ingredients.  Toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.  I probably used about 2 TBS lemon juice, but I can't be sure.

I think it turned out pretty well.  I served the spaghetti with a spoon of the salad on top, but just mixed it all together as I was eating it.  Ben had two helpings, Sam had to be forced to eat (this is not unusual at our house), and Ellie-- well I think this picture sums up what she thought:

No comments:

Post a Comment