Friday, September 23, 2011

My Strawberries

***Please Note, this post is from June.  I just found it, not published.  But I wanted you to know about my strawberries.***

On Saturday I went strawberry picking with my Benjamin.  I forgot to take any pictures.

I picked 10 lbs of strawberries.  It was the end of the season, and it was HARD PICKING.  My whole body hurt at the end of the day.  I think it will be worth it when we have yummie strawberries-- at least into the fall?  Maybe we'll make it to the winter if I'm really stingy.

Anyway, here's what I did with mine:

  • Six quarts all together
  • Three and a half quarts frozen
  • One and a half or two dehydrated
  • The rest we ate. (We could have just eaten them ALL, but I wouldn't allow it.)   :-) 
***Update:  The strawberries barely made it through July.  We put them in oatmeal for breakfast a lot, and Chris likes to take soaked oats with fruit.  He started taking strawberries every day and it didn't take long for my beloved strawberries to be finished off.  :-(  We still have the dehydrated ones, though.  I am saving those for mid-winter when we will have long forgotten how delicious summer fruit can be.***

    No comments:

    Post a Comment