Monday, February 27, 2012

Baby Doll Blanket

I have been doing a lot of sewing recently.  I made curtains (remember my first blind hem stitch?) for my dining room, I learned how to make cloth diaper covers (pictures coming soon!), and I made Ellie a blanket for her baby dolls.  She is always stealing my kitchen towels and washcloths off the oven door, and I find them all over the house on top of babies who are "sleeping" or "crying" or "so grumpy." So, I decided to make her a blanket for them.

It kind of turned into a bigger project than I was planning, and it looks almost like a mini-quilt.  Please note, I have no idea what I am doing in this area, and I just kept adding things to it.  I used the seam technique that I learned for my curtains so that the back panel would wrap around and overlap on the front sides a bit.  I used an old towel in the middle of the front and back fabric as a kind of batting, to make it thicker (which it ended up really not needing, but now it is nice and thick!). And almost by accident I found the green remnants of the car cover I made for Chris for his mustang!

And here it is, "My Baby Doll Blanket" as Ellie now calls it.  :-)  (And also Ben, who always wants to be in the picture, but also sat next to me and poked himself with pins while I made this during afternoon naptimes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment