- My tomatoes have bacterial speck... not much I can do about it I don't think. (That I have found in my research-- anyone else have experience with it?)
- Tomatoes also have blossom end rot... got to put some eggshells out there and water those sad plants! It hasn't rained in weeks!
- The eggplant is still (somehow, I don't know!) alive, producing very small eggplants that keep turning red-- Chris got a red china. Haven't eaten them yet, though.
- The zucchini is getting into gear. We have five from our garden and three from our CSA in our fridge right now!
- We tried planting potatoes this year... but we planted them very late! and only seven or eight plants came up. Oh, well, we'll get on that better next year!
- We DUG OUR GARLIC! Hooray! Now I need it to rain sometime in the future so I can plant something there!
- We have baby acorn squash growing! I love how the squashes start out so small and cute. I can't wait to have delicious squash all winter.
- We are making a cinnamon spray as per my MIL suggested. We have yet to spray it. Will keep you posted.
- I picked one beet so far this year and we put it in a salad. Yum.
- The brussels sprouts are getting all eaten up and sad. I just want them to grow! I am hoping some cinnamon spray might get them through. We'll see.
check out other garden updates at smockityfrocks.com!
Good night for now!