Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sugar Free Blueberry Smoothie

I made a smoothie for dessert tonight.  It was so hot, and we needed/ wanted something refreshing after dinner.  I need to go to Millers so badly that I have NO sweetener in the house (This is not the first time this has happened!).  Alright, almost no sweetener.

I kid you not, I have 1 cup of maple syrup, 1/4 cup or less of rapadura, and maybe 2 cups of honey.  Needless to say, I am doing my best to stretch that until I can go shopping, which looks like at this point, this weekend or next week.  Not very soon, in any case.  :-)

That being said, I made a smoothie.

Blueberry smoothie
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups blueberries (i used frozen ones from last summer)
2 TBS ground flax (just for added benefit)
1 TBS vanilla

Put in blender.  Blend til smooth.  It was delicious.

To prove my children loved it, here is a video of Baby John having his. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment