Thursday, March 1, 2012

Birthday Cake

My little Ellie turned two.  She's such a sweetheart and such a blessing.  I just love her to pieces. :-) 

Being that she is the girliest girl I know, she is obsessed with ballerinas and princesses.  Now, mind you, we don't really have those things in our house.  We don't watch the Disney princess movies.  We don't have barbies, or any dolls other than her baby dolls.  We went to the nutcracker in December, and that's about all the exposure she's had to ballerinas.  Okay, Chris may have looked up videos of ballerinas on youtube with her at some point.  But, seriously.

Of course she wanted a ballerina cake for her birthday. 

I planned to make a whole step by step with pictures of making the cake, but the batteries died on the camera, and then I forgot about it, and then I took a quick picture of the finished cake with my phone to send to my mom, and THEN, Chris didn't even take one picture with the nice camera of the cake.  There IS some video. Alas, I am sorry for the quality of the picture, but here is Ellie's ballerina/princess cake.

She still talks about it-- how I threw the ballerina away when we finished eating the cake (it was one of those two dollar dolls, and I had to pull the legs and the bottom half of her torso off to fit her on the cake.  It's not like she could have played with it.)  And she still asks when we are going to have more cake.  "I want to have more ballerina cake SOON" she says. (Much in the same way she stalks me for kombucha... )

I used all butter butter cream, and it iced the cake really nicely, but then when I went to decorate it, the icing got hopelessly runny.  It doesn't have near the detail that I was planning, but I could only do so much with icing that was sagging off the cake!  Luckily, this picture is so terrible, you can hardly tell!  :-)  

Happy Birthday, Ellie! 

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great!! I'm so impressed! Happy Birthday, Ellie :)

    ReplyDelete