Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pitas with PIctures

Hello,

Back in December, I shared my long lost pita recipe with you.  By long, lost, I mean I lost it on the internet.  :-) 
Bowl of pita dough

Anyway, I made some yesterday and they ALL PUFFED UP!  I am so pumped to have this recipe.  It is so easy and I like it as an alternative to bread in loaves. 
6 rolled out, 6 awaiting rolling, my rolling pin with the thickness bands, and my 1/4 cup of water for the oven

I also discovered if I cook them on my pizza sheets, I can get all 12 pitas in the oven at once!  You know what that means... doubling the recipe takes almost no time at all. 
All puffy

I have discovered it is all about how thick they are that makes them puff.  I was rolling them too thin before, and thus they were not puffing.  I started using my handy rolling pin bands, so I can't roll them out thinner than a 1/4" thick.

Pretty Pita Pocket!

One last comment about making pitas--Put 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the oven when you put the pitas in, to make it all steamy in there.  For some reason, pitas like that.  :-)

ps. did you see my tiny rolling pin?  I brought my two regular sized rolling pins to a cookie party in December, and I haven't gotten them back yet.  Guess I should work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment