Friday, January 11, 2013

Coconut Flour Pancakes

I whipped up these coconut flour pancakes the other morning for breakfast for John.  I was making pancakes for everyone else, and I felt badly for John because he did not have any finger food for breakfast.  He likes to eat with his own cute little chubby fingers these days.  :-)

The batch I made was very small, because I didn't want to use many eggs and also I knew I was just going to make a bunch a of cute small pancakes anyway.

I think they turned out really nice-- they didn't have that gritty texture that coconut flour can have if you don't use it right. I haven't been successful before 'flying by the seat of my pants' with coconut flour, so I was quite pleased with how these turned out.

John liked them a whole lot too, because he got to eat them with his own cute chubby little fingers. :-)

Coconut Flour Pancakes

2 TBS coconut flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp powder
sprinkle salt
sprinkle cinnamon
dash vanilla
1/4 cup water
2 TBS applesauce
1 tsp maple syrup

Mix all ingredients together. This batter is really thick. That is okay. I spooned one TBS into little pancakes and cooked them til they were quite browned on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment