Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Re-write

1/2 c sugar
1 c oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
2 c GF flour
1/2 c potato, tapioca, arrowroot
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, if flour is GF
1 tbs powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves

combine wet. combine dry. combine all. bake at 350 in muffins or a 9x13.

This is a re-write of this recipe.  I typed it up here while I was going through the ingredients on the page and deciding what quantities of things I would use.  These turned out awesome as muffins. Moist, but not wet. Rich (lots of pumpkin!) and slightly sweet, as I make most things these days. :-) Now I am coming back to make these again! And I thought I would share.  What am I going to do about the eggs, now that I am trying to keep them away from the baby?  I have no idea yet.

Enjoy!

ps. I made this into a GF recipe. You could easily switch it back by making the flour and the potato/tapioca/arrowroot into wheat flour and omitting the xanthan gum.

2 comments:

  1. Egg substitute: Ground flax seed soaked in water!! It gets all gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is almost the same recipe as my pumpkin muffins. :) and i'm going to have to find some more crook neck's to make them with, bc they make the sweetest most delicious puree i've found yet! i miss the farm already!!

    ReplyDelete