Thursday, February 28, 2013

Taco Soup!

This evening I consider dinner to be a huge win. And we haven't even eaten yet! We are in serious need of a grocery run because last week was really crazy and I was away for a few days. This past weekend I just did not feel like going to the store. So, I didn't. As a result dinner time at the Good household has been sketchy at best this week.

As I looked through the sparse landscape that was our cabinets and fridge, an idea started taking shape. We would have to have soup, as that is the ultimate food stretching tool. We had some leftover ground beef. And some potatoes. Oh, and I'll stick the rest of the half eaten salsa in there.... that's when I knew-

Taco soup.

A few veggies rounded this soup quite nicely.

TACO SOUP

1 quart chicken broth
1/2 lb ground beef or shredded chicken
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, cut up
Celery, if you have it
1 cup peas
1 cup corn
1/2 TBS taco seasoning
2-3 potatoes, diced
1 jar salsa
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheese for on top

Put everything except the cheese in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until potatoes are done, about 30 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese and cornbread.

This soup was a huge hit. All of it was gone and there was even fighting for seconds. I will definitely be making this again, and in a much bigger quantity. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment